Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

No Emails on Blackberry and username and password now not recognised

Hi

This is my first post on the forum, I really hope someone can help me please.  I have a Curve 9300 and my email provider is Sky.  Sky recently changed the email platform from gmail to yahoo, the migration took place at the beginning of April.  Up till the date of the changeover, I could receive and send my Sky emails on the BB no problem.  Since the changeover, I an no longer able to.  I have contacted Sky numerous times to try and get this sorted - my problem is that their advice is to delete the email account from my phone and set it up again.  However, to do this I have to put in the username and password, but I get an error message saying they are not recognised.  I have tried changing my email password, still doesnt work.  Other emails are coming though, I just cant get the phone to sync (or whatever it does) with my Sky account and I also now cant add any other email accounts as I cant get past the username and password.  I go to 'set-up' on the BB, - select the feature you want to set up - I select 'email accounts' then I am asked for username and password and cant get any further. Sky have been in touch with Yahoo, Yahoo are blaming my handset - seems a bit of a conincidence that my handset developed a fault the same night as the big changeover Smiley Sad  this has been going on for 5 weeks now so I really hope someone can help - thank you!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: No Emails on Blackberry and username and password now not recognised

Hi tabitha1961

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If I'm not wrong you have used your Sky email as your BlackBerry ID right ? 

If it is , then if you still remember the Useranme and the password then you can change or Update your BlackBerry ID username or the email on the BlackBerry ID website also, Once you change or update your BlackBerry ID username login with your new credential on your device . Refer to this KB for help :

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website.

Try it and let see if that helps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi - thank you.  I have just been onto the Blackberry ID site, on there is says my email status is unconfirmed.  I have clicked on there to confirm, I get a message to say an email has been sent to my Sky email address and to click the link it contains to confirm the address, but the email never comes through.  I have also updated the username and password, but these are still not recognised on my phone.  My username on the BB ID page is my full email address, however, if I put the full address ie myname@sky.com  in as the username on my handset I get an error message saying that the user name must be at least 4 characters - which it is.  Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Sorry - forgot to say, the emails saying my BB ID had been modified arrived OK though, just the account confirmation that Im not receiving

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

tabitha1961 wrote :

on there is says my email status is unconfirmed.  I have clicked on there to confirm, I get a message to say an email has been sent to my Sky email address and to click the link it contains to confirm the address, but the email never comes through.  I have also updated the username and password, but these are still not recognised on my phone

Hi tabitha

Have you received the confirmation email ? Without that simply updating the username and password will not work .Go through this KB and first check and confirm if your BlackBerry ID username or the email is confirmed yet :

KB28684 : How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

If that fails then I doubt the problem is with your Sky account . 

But on that BBID page have you tried to edit the username ? If not then try updating with any Gmail or a yahoo email address. Once it is confirmed try to login on your device , Or From the home screen of the BlackBerry, click the Options icon. > Choose Third Party Applications. > Choose BlackBerry ID and enter those new credentials and see if that allows. 

But as a last resort there is an option to resolve your current issue , I know it is harsh but will solve your issue :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi - thank you Smiley Happy

OK, a bit of an update. I have had a long conversation with Sky, my email provider, they have checked all the settings and as I am receiving emails on the web page and my Outook, they are saying all is working well.  But the problem has only materialised since they changed their server from gmail to yahoo.

I managed to find the original email from when I set up my BB ID, and was able to delete the ID from there, and set it up again.  This time the confirmaiton email arrived and my email status on the ID page is showing as confirmed.

As before, I can send emails from my BB, but my Sky emails are still not coming through to my handset.

The username and password are still not recognised, so I cant get into my email accounts on set up to make any modifications

My phone has Blackberry version 6 running

If I go into Options - third party applications, the menu is empty.

Following the instructions on the link you gave for a hard security wipe (workaround for phones running BB 6) if I go to Options - Device - Applications Management - Blackberry Identity is not listed.

I have contacted Vodafone, they have resent service books and done various other stuff, but dont seem to be able to fix it either.

Any help or advice, gratefully recieved!

Cheers,

Tab