Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No Facebook notifications

I have search the forum for a resolution but nothing seemed to have any effect. I am not getting Fracebook notifications when I get a mail or someone replies to something I have commented on etc. This is only since updating the the most recent Facebook version on my Bold.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted etc etc etc even changed the email account that I use for facebook, just in case that made a difference. 

Any advice? 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: No Facebook notifications

hello,

did you try and open the facebook application on your device, and go to the options to configure the notifications ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

Yep, that was one of the first things I tried. Loads of people I know have had the same problem. Im assuming this latest version is rubbish.
New Contributor

I've had this problem also. Mine stopped working when I installed a new theme on my storm. So I removed facebook from my phone with Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer. Then I opened Blackberry help website on my phone and just downloaded facebook again and it has worked so far. I'm not familiar with the bold, so I don't know if any of this makes any sense or if it even applies to your phone. 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hooverboy wrote:
Mine stopped working when I installed a new theme on my storm.
Maybe you can use another theme ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

Ive used this one from the start. Never had a problem, unless someone has any ideas for a good 'FREE' theme for me. The normal BB ones are naff I think.
New Contributor

I have tried the theme "shine by wjd designs" its free. I thought it was an average theme, i wouldnt pay for it. When I had the same problem with my storm, it was when I downloaded a windows vista theme that was on sale for $1.50. I didnt like it plus I lost other things along with facebook notifications. So I deleted it and downloaded "heroberry" for $4.00 from crackberry app store on my phone ( I no longer download from blackberry app world, thats another story.) I have liked it so far, I got back everything I had lost before and it does not seem to slow my phone down. My opinon is that for the price of a cheeseburger, I can put something on my phone that is productive rather than have health problems from eating too many cheeseburgers. My suggestion to you is that if you want to try a new theme is to look at the reviews for whatever it is. I wonder if there is any opinions on this website for "must have apps or themes". I'm sure there is, i have just never spent the time to look.

Developer

Cheers for taking the time to write that. I will defo keep it in mind. Just need to sort problem out with missing notifications. Cheers again
Developer

Right, what I did this morning is. Removed facebook via dtm. Reinstalled core os, once rebooted reinstalled facebook. Nothing. No notifications still. I went to option s on FB. Deselected all the options. Saved. Rebooted. Went back in, reselected the options again and still nothing. This really driving me nuts. Its the app I use the most. Pleeeeeze someone give a solution.
Highlighted
Developer

For some reason, after a battery pull, I got 1 (one) notification, then nothing after that. This was tested (after the notification) by my girlfriend sending me a mail. Nothing arrived. I'm half tempted to do the drastic thing and just reinstall my whole os to see if that helps.