Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

No HEADPHONE icon when I plug in the BB headset in Bold 9900. Please help !

Hi,

I just got my new BB bold 9900. Had upgraded the OS to v7.1.714. Now I don't see a Headset icon on the home screen when I plug in the BB headset. Although I get a sound when I plug in and out from the 3.5mm jack. 

Other issue is when I get a call I am not able to hear the incoming call ringing on the headset, rather I hear it from the loudspeaker like I would when no headset is connected. 

I heard that this is a common issue when an OS upgrade is done. Is there a solution ? Please help !

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: No HEADPHONE icon when I plug in the BB headset in Bold 9900. Please help !

Hello crazygamerg7,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding headset functionality on BlackBerry 7.1 software.

The headet  icon should only appear in the within the Phone application and not on the home screen when connected and on a call.

The ringtone will also go through the speakers on the device and not on the 3.5 mm connected headphones. This is by design.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: No HEADPHONE icon when I plug in the BB headset in Bold 9900. Please help !

I dont understand why its designed that way. Its unusual from the rest of the phones. While in traffic I had a hard time realizing that my phone was ringing when I had the headset on. I am hoping atleast in the next OS they change this behaviour. Thanks, crazygamerg7