Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold 2
My Carrier: DIGICEL

No Host Routing Table Entries

my phone restarted and all my material on the phone was lost. Now im not seeing any entries in the HRT and hence i cannot use the BIS even there is a service data plan on my SIM card. Can you Help me please

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No Host Routing Table Entries

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

i have tried the registration, and waited days for a reply but none has reached. im wondering if i should reload the OS would that perhaps solve the prob?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I doubt reloading your OS would help...unless something else happened before this behavior started, beyond what you described.

Rather, your mobile service provider is responsible for delivering all services to you, and population of the HRT is a prerequisite. Hence (and to reiterate what I said above), you must contact them to find out why your BB is no longer registering to their network.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

so basically the phone is useless then. because my service provider says i should go to HRT and register even though the list isnt populated with any entries. I have been awaiting a registration reply for 4 days now. so i guess the phone is  worth anything from here on........?

Hall of Famer III

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's your service providers responsibility to deliver, via their system, the HRT entries. The command you gave makes a request from your BB to their system. For some reason, their system isn't delivering the entries. But only they have access to that system to find out why.

New Contributor

I finally got the problem solved. I had to insert a SIM card of another network in the phone, leave it for about 10 mins and then return to the original later

Hall of Famer III

Well that is an extremely odd resolution, but I'm glad that you figured it out. Enjoy!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

Apologies for jumping into an old chat, but it seemed to be the best way of raising a specific variant of this problem.

Your proposed solution steps work when "on network" and have helped me before - thanks Smiley Happy - however I often end up with empty HRT when roaming. This is an irregular occurence and is a problem for me. Sometimes I arrive in the foreign country and all is fine, but sometimes not. My service provider in home country cannot help, because the problem is not present when on network.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcomed.

Thanks ineager anticipation.

Middle East traveller
Hall of Famer III

Hello,

Traveling internationally is a challenge...I can personally attest to it. But, it depends on what you do when you travel.

If you keep your home network SIM in your BB, then your home network carrier is responsible to ensure that you have the proper roaming plan in place to function in all countries that they support. And, they must get that in place before you leave -- in my experience, once I've left my home network, they can make no changes. I had two "failed" trips to China where my home carrier did not properly configure my plan. Finally, after escalating madly, we reached an appropriate engineer who could correctly configure my account, and my third trip was a success.

On the other hand, if you remove your home SIM and use a local one when you travel, then it's a matter of that carrier providing proper BIS services to you. Sometimes, that works automatically (it's supposed to) merely by changing the SIM. Other times, it gets stuck -- e.g., one carrier does not release the BB PIN from their BIS system, so the next carrier cannot allocate a BIS plan properly. When that happens, you need to talk to both carriers about making sure that things have transitioned smoothly.

Good luck!