Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: digicel

No Language and Input Support option in my OS 6 Applications list - need to add second language

I have a Curve 9300 bought a few weeks ago in the Caribbean (Digicel carrier). I'm now in Germany and was able to switch between english and german languages for the past few weeks; however this evening I synced the device with my Macbook for the first time, which prompted an upgrade in software.

Now I have OS version 6, but my language selection is only English and portuguese. When I select Applications on the desktop software, it does not give me the Language and Input Support option to re-add german.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the offiste RIM link,(where people can choose their international carriers), but the download is an unreadable Text Edit format. I've tried un- and re-installing on my mac, but that doesn't do anything, and i don't know how to uninstall from the device itself (plus am scared i'll lose all my info).

Can anyone help? I've exhausted every option and I need to write in both languages for work...

Thanks in advance!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: No Language and Input Support option in my OS 6 Applications list - need to add second language

Hey toni22,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

When you go into Applications on the BlackBerry Desktop Software do you get a white screen or does it list all the programs?

You may need to use a PC to install the additional language packs:  www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13067

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 6.0.0 Bundle 863

Re: No Language and Input Support option in my OS 6 Applications list - need to add second language

Hai..
I have the same problem here..
I've downloaded the lastest blackberry desktop software.
I installed it in my laptop.
And i followed the step so that i can add another language to my blackberry.. ( Fyi..i use bold 9780)

I opened the blackberry desktop software,
After that,i chose 'applications'..
But after loading..it only showed all aplications that i've been installed (like theme,whatsapp,etc)
But still no 'language and input support" at all..

So,any advice or suggestion?
Bcz i really need to add another language..
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

sariadina wrote :

I have the same problem here..
I've downloaded the lastest blackberry desktop software.
I installed it in my laptop.
And i followed the step so that i can add another language to my blackberry.. ( Fyi..i use bold 9780)

I opened the blackberry desktop software,
After that,i chose 'applications'..
But after loading..it only showed all aplications that i've been installed (like theme,whatsapp,etc)
But still no 'language and input support" at all..

Hi sariadina23

Welcome to Support Forums

Are you try this on a PC or a Mac . If its on a PC then make sure you had installed the OS pack from your Carrier to your Laptop or your PC is connected to Internet while trying  this.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I tried this on my laptop (PC),not MAC..
And how to install the OS pack to my lptop?
I tried to connect to the internet,but failed.. Smiley Sad
Elite II

sariadina23 wrote : 

I tried this on my laptop (PC),not MAC..
And how to install the OS pack to my lptop?
I tried to connect to the internet,but failed

Hi sariadina23

If you are on a PC you can do that ,By the way which language you want to add on your device ? And also from where you are downloading OS packs , are you recieving any error message while downloading OS pack .Let us know.

Prince

New Contributor

I wanna add korean..
Downloading OS pack? I haven't.. How could i? The link please..

And,fyi.. I downloaded the bb desktop software from official blackberry website malaysia..
And it's successfully installed,no prob at all..
Elite II

[ Edited ]

sariadina23 wrote : 

I wanna add korean..
Downloading OS pack? I haven't.. How could i? The link please..

And,fyi.. I downloaded the bb desktop software from official blackberry website malaysia..
And it's successfully installed,no prob at all..

Hi sariadina23

Please remember as this section of forums is for Mac so the below mentioned steps can only be performed on a PC only not Mac. If you want to install Korean language support on your device you can try this :

1.Download and Install on your PC an  OS pack having All Language  from here Indosat or  Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry

• ( Make sure you are downloading for the same device model )

2.. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software for Windows from here BlackBerry desktop software

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install) > Click Apply.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

So try it and let us know.

Prince