Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry Totch
My Carrier: 02

No Service Currently Available

I now have two blackberry torches that both display the message no service currently available if you try to make an outgoing call, text is not working and I can not receive calls but the browser and blackberry messanger work fine.  Have spoken to O2 and there are no bars on the phne. Help!!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: No Service Currently Available

helenmacb wrote:

Have spoken to O2 and there are no bars on the phne. Help!!

If you called O2 and there are no bars on the phone, they should not have hung up the phone until there WERE bars on the phone.  What exactly did they say to you?  We're more than happy to help you, but if you were talking to them already, they really should have finished the job.

Please tell us what they said to you and we'll take it from there.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: blackberry Totch
My Carrier: 02

They told me to ensure the software on the phone was up to date and if that doesn't work send it back for repair. Just wondered if it's a known fault and if I can fix it
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Okay then.  From your homescreen, go to Options>Device>Software Updates.  Your phone will search for an update offered by O2.  If no updates are offered, then your phone is up to date and you can proceed with getting a new phone from them.  I'm not aware of this being a known fault.  To be honest, we haven't got a whole load of information from you on this subject.  If you'd like to have us help you, first try to update your phone as I suggested. 

If that doesn't work, please get back to us and we'll ask more questions of you and take a closer look at the problem.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9850 Torch
My Carrier: MTC Namibia

Hello

Try reloading the phone's software with the Blackberry Desktop manager 5 & do a full system blackup. After that, restore everything back with no sim card present in the phone & pull the battry out for 1h20min, put the battry back in with sim card, restore & enter your info back except the blackberry id.

Let me know if this worked Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hello,

I have a similar problem to the previous person. "No service currently available" shows whenever I try and make a call. I cannot send / receive calls or SMS and my internet / BBM works fine. I have tried reloading the software with BBM Desktop manager 5 and downgraded my software to an early version of OS 6. I have spoken to the network and they have gone through various routine steps with me to no avail. I have tried my sim card in another phone and it works.

For some background- I had the phone barred about a month ago as I lost it, then I found it again and had the bar removed. I was using it for a good three weeks until this problem arose. Orange insist they have double and triple checked that the bar has not mistakenly gone back onto the phone.

Any other advice you could kindly send my way? Smiley Happy