Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No Synch with Yahoo Address book

[ Edited ]

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

I , too,  have this program after months of everything working great.   I reverted to a method I used a few years ago with my first BB.  Export your address book to Outlook or Outlook Express configure BB Desktop to sync the address book from outlook.   For some reason (I think Yahoo is having trouble with the adress book sync, period) the export resulted in a file which could then be imported into outlook.   Not an optimal method for those of you who wish to sync everyday, but fine for those of us who sync the address book infrequently it works fine.  Also,  helps the new owner with an empty device address book. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

as far as I know, Yahoo! is starting to discontinue all their mobile services, so maybe they are starting with BlackBerry connectivity and will follow with Apple, Symbian, Android and lastly Microsoft.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem with the Storm 9530.  This happened a few months ago.  Then, out of the blue, it started synching again.  I get the addresses from the device read, but the synch stops and freezes up when reading the Yahoo address book.  You'd think RIM and Yahoo would want this to be a good partnership but it sure isn't.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had posted the same question on a Yahoo site.  I was pointed to the following site by someone who answered my question: 

http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/articl…

It's not good news.  Anyone else have any insight into this?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Memo wrote:

Anyone else have any insight into this?

yes : don't use Yahoo!Mail anymore. Yahoo!'s policy about mobile devices is to let live less and less features.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: