Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold (9000)

No WiFi without Data Plan

So I cannot use the Web Browser via my home WiFi without having the dataplan through my provider?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: No WiFi without Data Plan

depends on your carrier, I've read that verizon wont even let you buy a bb without a data plan

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Regular Contributor

Carrier = T-Mobile USA
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Let me explain something, its not about the carrier.

You can surf the web without dataplan, but only with WiFi .

But all the rest of applications on the Blackberry not works if you don't have a dataplan, for example, to setup your mail in the device you need a data plan.

More, www.mobile.blackberry.com is for internet browser, you can't acces from Wifi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

the bb curve had wifi ? i didn't know that ? Smiley Surprised
Regular Contributor

fixxxer1022  well the AT&T  Curve 8310 doesn't have wifi  but the T-Mobile 8320 does have wifi.

and Wifi doesn't work with T-Mobile I connect to my home wifi and when I launch the browser tells me I cannot use the internet as I do not have a supported internet plan.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

So Urumilton you are saying that all BlackBerry phones have the ability to access Wi-Fi? Are you sure that it isn't based on the carrier? The BlackBerry phone that I have is through a regional carrier that is very similar to Verizon. I have looked everywhere on my phone and there is no way, that I can see, that I would be able to get on to Wi-Fi. While a friends BlackBerry that is on AT&T has the ability to get on to Wi-Fi.

I am going to have to disagree with you, and say that it is based on the carrier. That's just based on what I have seen with my phone. If I am wrong could you please tell me how I would be able to access Wi-Fi. I would like to take advantage of this feature. Thanks