Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Tour
Accepted Solution

No alerts for iCal events

I've been just living with this since DTM for Mac came out...but something isn't right.  When I sync my Tour 9630 with my Mac all the events go to my BB just fine, but I never get the notification alerts associated with the events.  Having the events on my BB is useless if I don't get alerted.

Reminder Alerts on the BB are correctly configured and should occur in or out of the holster, but I don't get the sound or the on-screen notifications.

Developer

Re: No alerts for iCal events

Just curious...are there people out there who sync iCal to a Tour and actually get the reminder alerts for events?  Surely I can't be the only person on the planet with this problem.  Oddly, I had no problem getting alerts when I was synching with Google Sync and Google Calendar, but I don't want to do that.

Developer

OK...I've found the culprit and an easy workaround.  First, Desktop Manager for Mac is the problem.  If you set any event alert reminders in iCal to "Message and Sound" you'll get both the message and the sound on your Mac, but Desktop Manager for Mac mangles this somehow when the event is synched to the BB.  The event makes it over, but when the event is selected on the BB and opened, the alert is set to "None".

To fix this, simply change all event alert reminders in iCal to "Message" (without the sound) and re-sync using Desktop Manager now the events on your BB have the same alert parameters as in iCal and their alerts now popup when scheduled and they have an audible sound.

Come on, RIM...Mac users deserve better than this.  It took you 12 years to get us a real (well almost real) Desktop Manager, so now give it the same features as you provide in the Windows Desktop Manager.  But since I know nothing in this forum ever makes it to RIM...we'll have to hope they figure this out on their own.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do you change all iCal appointments to "message" from "message and sound"?