Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

No audio/sound on Blackberry Torch 9810 since performing software update to 7.1.0 bundle 1149

Hello,

Please can someone help me.  I recently performed a software update on my Blackberry Torch 9810 to version 7.1.0. (Bundle 1149).  The update was successful, however since performing the update all audio on my phone has stopped working, in that ringtones, alarms, message notifiers have ceased to work.  I can make calls and can hear people on the other end of the phone, my handset also still vibrates, it has just lost all audio output.

My phone's profile is set to 'normal' and I do not have the 'silent' or 'all alerts off' functions selected.  I also have not dropped or damaged my phone and it has not received any water damage.

I've tried restarting my handset on several occasions and have performed battery pulls/removing and replacing the battery and still no joy!

I have tried to downgrade my software to the previous version, however my handset does not allow a downgrade function.

Please, please can someone help, as I am at a total loss as to what to do?!?!?

Many thanks in advance,

Emma

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: No audio/sound on Blackberry Torch 9810 since performing software update to 7.1.0 bundle 1149

Take a look at the following.....

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB19915&sliceId=2&cm...

After show other versions, you can downgrade if you see the earlier version.  Or, you may want to just reinstall the latest version.

It sounds like you did the update OTA on the BlackBerry handset.  That is generally a bad idea right now.  Certainly it will improve in the future, but nowadays many people have troubles.

- Ira