Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: NetCom Norway

No connectivity?

Hi!

Device info

BlackBerry Bold 9900

Carrier: Teliasonara, NetCom Norway

Late last week, I all of the sudden stopped receiving mails (gmail) on my device. I've been at my cabin in the mountains, with no 3G since then, but now I'm back in good coverage, and I'm still not receiving mails, nore am I able to browse with the browser (if not on a Wi-Fi).

When I try to enter Email-settings, I'm getting "Could not connect to the server".

I phoned my carrier yesterday and had them reset my network settings, and then did a batterypull with the battery out for more than 5 minutes.

I'm not up to date with the OS - last time I tried to update it, the update failed (January), so I'm probably running a build from late 2011.. But that shouldn't cause these problems?

So.. my iPad is working fine with a twin-sim, so the problem is probably not with the carrier.

The phone is bought from TrigCom Norway, but everything is closed until tuesday because of the Easter.

To sum it up: no mail, no browsing on 3G, no connectivity with the email service server etc.

So, what do I do?

Yours sincerely

Marius

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No connectivity?

[ Edited ]

Even if you've done this... try it again. Including especially the reboot.

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi, and thank you! Funny thing; even though Im on a WiGi right now, connecting to mobile.blackberry.com does not work. I get something like "There was an communication error. The server might be busy. Try again later" (Norwegian translation). Other webpages is working as intended... Marius

And the other suggestions?

Also, On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'll try the other steps to, but I need an explanation of step 3, if you wouldnt mind?

My BlackBerry Internet Service status says "Mobile network".
My Mobile Network status is "3G" with and BB icon.

Sorry, the embedded link disappeared. I have edited and replaced it now... look again.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you!

Im not able to complete step 3 though, because I can' connect to the email settings server, and hence, can't send the service book.

Rebootng phone now.

Can you try entering your email setup from your Email Setup icon, rather than the manner I described?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Same thing then.. I find extremely strange that I'm not even able to connect to mobile.blackberry.com ( but other websites /apps) on my device.. The only BB service that works is the AppWorld. To me, the problem seems to be between me and the BlackBerry Service Server/ something.. I'm.. Just confused.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

I got a Bold 9900 from Trigcom with a NetCom SIM aswell, what I have found is if the native browser for some reason don't want to open a page, especially .blackberry.com pages, the Opera browser somehow does! Try downloading it, but that might be difficult without coverage though...