Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

No data service from Fido, using unlocked Rogers Bold 9700

Hello, 

I recently unlocked a Rogers Bold 9700 and began using it with my Fido sim card.  I added a small data plan to my current services from Fido but I am not receiving any data.  I have called Fido 3 times and they can't seem to do anything.  They gave me their APN settings and I have input them manually and still no data. 

What could be the problem?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: No data service from Fido, using unlocked Rogers Bold 9700

Does Fido have you on a BlackBerry data plan, or a generic data plan? In order to use data on your BlackBerry, you will need a BlackBerry data plan.

That's the first place I would check... That said, if that isn't the problem, I would try reloading the software on the device, just in case there's an issue there.

Also, did you buy the phone used or has it been used under an IT policy at work? If so, it may help to reset the phone to factory settings.

To reset the phone to factory settings, use the instructions here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14202

To reload the OS on your phone, use these instructions here (using Rogers as the carrier since it is a Roger's branded phone): http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Hopefully these things will help!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  I assume the data plan is for blackberry because it specifically included bbm in the usage.  

The phone was given to me by my sister so I know it was only used for personal reasons.  

I will try to reload the OS and hopefully that solves it. 

Thanks again!

Elite I

Hopefully that works, but if it doesn't let me know exactly what data plan you're using on Fido and I'll see what else I can figure out.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Quick question about re-loading my OS. 

Will this erase all my contacts and prefrences?  

Elite I

Nope. So long as you back up your phone before, all settings and data will be saved.

If you want to be certain it isn't just a setting on the phone, you can also just do a selective restore after by selecting the databases you want to restore, such as the address book, text messages, sounds, theme settings, etc.

I hope this helps!

New Contributor

Hey, 

I just wanted to say thanks for the help!! 

After a couple of days of fighting with the Desktop Software on my computer, I finally got the OS re-installed and everything works great!! 

Claudio

Highlighted
Elite I

Awesome! Thanks for the update! And if you wouldn't mind, can you mark the post that helped as the solution? That will help others in the future who might have similar issues.

Let us know if you have any questions in the future. Smiley Happy