Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

No dot on I

Please help! First my Torch 9800 and now my Bold 9900 (devices were switched) show no dot on the letter 'i' when looking at the screen. The receiver of emails see an upside down question mark. I have used another SIM to test whether the problem was there and removed my memory card, it is not. This is a programming issue? I have removed all app world applications that I downloaded but still no difference. I believe the problem started on the Torch and could have been transferred to the Bold. My service provider suggested I format the phone completely but I am hesitant as I do not want to lose all ringtones and more. How do I fix this, please assist?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: No dot on I

Hi Karin1E

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sounds like harware isuue but having the same issue on both device s confuss me , So rather then reseting your phone I prefer you should try a clean OS relaod , But before that do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software , check this article :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once Backup is done try a Clean OS reload :

KB11320 :How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Please try those steps and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi Karin,

This issue seems related to the setting you have done in you device, which has been done same in Bold 9900. Please follow below steps..

On the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

Click Typing and Language > Typing.

For a keyboard, do one of the following:

To turn off all typing assistance, change the Style field to Direct.

To set your smartphone to suggest word predictions as you type, change the Style field to Predictive.

Press the BB key > Save.

New Contributor

Hi! Thank you for your speedy reply. I did what you suggested, the setting was on 'Direct' but I changed it to "Predictive' and then back to 'Direct' again. I then rebooted. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem! But I really appreciate you trying to help! Any other suggestions? (My next step is now to reload the OS, as was also suggested.)

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Highlighted
New Contributor

So I changed the input language from English UK to English. And now my Is have dots!

THANK YOU so much!