Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus Mobility
Accepted Solution

No email connection all of a sudden

Is there a setting that I might have turned off so that I cannot send or reply to email?  I have my mobile network Telus checked on.  What else would prevent me from emailing? I can browse the web.

Or, do I need to contact my service provider?

Thanks.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No email connection all of a sudden

Do you have 3G or EDGE in all caps?  If so, you may need to contact your wireless service provider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3G and it is caps.

The rep in the store did not tell me that I would have to activate it again .  I got this phone Monday night and I was told I would just have to do a device swap and it would transfer my settings from my Curve to this phone.  It did transfer my email address; so, I thought I would be able to use it fine.

I guess I will wait on the phone to get through to Telus (Pain!!!!).

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

So, you did a device swap? That is an important piece of the puzzle you left out!

Go to the email setup icon (type email setup in the universal search if you don't know where it is) then from the email setup page, hit the menu key and select "Service Book" and resend the service books to your device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks. John_Clark.  I actually phoned Telus and they got it running.