Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

crb
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

No email messages ?

Although my bb 9800 indicates I have more than 40 messages (consistent with my current Outlook inbox) no list of messages is in my messages folder. Suggestion please.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: No email messages ?

If you have your email address set up on your BlackBerry, go to the icon for that email address (not the Messages folder but the actual email address icon).  Are your messages in that folder?  If they are then you need to tell your phone to accept your email messages in your Messages folder.

To do this, open your Messages folder and press the menu key, which is the BB button to the left of the trackpad.  Select Options>Inbox Management and make sure your email address is checked.

If you don't have your email set up yet (as in, all the messages in your Messages folder are text, facebook notifications, etc.), on your homescreen go to Setup>Email Accounts and select which type of email account you want to set up.

Let us know if this helps.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

crb
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9800

Thank you for your help. the problem disappeared a day later, before I could use your tips. Who knows??  Torch seems to be slightly flakey.

Do you know if there is a setting to disable the touch screen during a voice call. My cheek activates mute or speaker while I'm on a call ?

Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

To actually disable the touchscreen during a call, there is no feature.  You can, however, adjust the screen sensitivity.  I won't explain how to do that here because that would make the screen less sensitive for every application you try, not just during a call.

It's been suggested in this forum that you accustom yourself to holding the phone on an angle, out away from your cheekbone while in a call.  As with anything else, practice doing this will make perfect.

Good luck with it.  Smiley Wink

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.