Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

No email notifications, inability to reply to emails

I'm on my 2nd Torch - the 1st one had a defect when I tried to use the GPS feature that I subscribe to AT&T.  When I did the even exchange, they were not able to transfer my info - but luckily I backed up my old phone prior to going in.

Now my problem is with my email accounts.  No matter what ring tone/notification sound I pick - it doesn't notify me when I receive emails to my yahoo email account or my work email account.  I've rebooted, deleted ALL apps...selected different ring tones - but nothing.  I receive the emails in my message list, but it never notifies me, which means I'll have to continuously check to see if I received work/personal emails throughout the day.

And to top it off, I just discovered that I can't reply to my emails - ANY emails - from either account.  I Menu click to 'Reply', but then when I menu click again to send, there is no 'Send' option.  Only Save as Draft, etc.

I've been a loyal BB owner since the Curve first came out years ago.  But with the 'glitches' I've encountered first when buying the Bold 9700 when that first came out, and now with the new Torch - I'm beginning to wonder...

Anyone else experiencing these problems or have any suggestions?  I'd much appreciate any leads or help.

Thanks!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No email notifications, inability to reply to emails

hawaiigirl727 wrote:

And to top it off, I just discovered that I can't reply to my emails - ANY emails - from either account.  I Menu click to 'Reply', but then when I menu click again to send, there is no 'Send' option.  Only Save as Draft, etc.

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I did register and resent the service books.

Still no ringer for email notifications and still no ability to reply to email messages.

Thanks for those suggestions though Smiley Sad

ok, cool.  what else have you done?

That way we don't have to play the "do this", "I've done that" game. Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Where do you find "1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register."? Under my "Options" icon on the home screen there isn't an "Advance" or any of the other items you reference. I am really new to this so please forgive me. But I too upgraded from a BB Curve 8130 which I had few issues with and did not experience any issues setting up my email accounts, or syncing my MS Outlook calendar, address book or any other items including my photos and music. However my new BB Torch has been nothing but a headache. I can not even open the Desktop Software v6 which I downloaded to manage my applications and other things. Regarding my application that I had on my Curve, none of them transferred over to the Torch. If you know how to fix any of these issues I would be most appreciative.

Sorry, on the 9800 Torch, that would be:

Options > Device > Advanced > System Settings > HRT

New OS 6, gotta get the new correct path down to the same old things.

Knowledge Base Updates

carlparker wrote:

I can not even open the Desktop Software v6 which I downloaded to manage my applications and other things.

What's the error or what happens when you attempt to open DM?

I guess we're chasing rabbits now in this thread. It'd be nice to keep you're separate issues in your own thread.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

i've never seen any device not have quirks in the very beginning.

are you sure you have your pop3 and smtp server settings correct?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Has no one found the solution to this? because I have the same problem and I have done nearly everything I can think of.... sent the books, registered the handset countless times, gone into BIS and reset everthing....

there are no POP settings for the Gmail account I'm having problems with. It's incredibly frustrating when I can type a reply but can't  send it!!  Seems to have something to do with it being forwarded from one Gmail account to another, if that's a clue.....

thanks

R