Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Dodo

No internet availability with Curve 8520

Can someone please advise be as to why I am unable to connect to the Internet with my Curve 8520. My mobile phone provider is <dodo.com.au> which subcontracts through <optus.com>. At the time of signing with dodo, I was told the contract would provide 1GB data/month. So far, all it has provided is mobile phone calls. Naturally, I have tried to take this issue up with dodo, but the response has been that they are providing the service, it is the Blackberry that is the probloem...and they don't provide Blackberry support.

Unhappily, I cannot even see a browser icon in the set-up screens. Does Blackberry only use certain mobile phone companies for it's Internet services? If so, which ones does it use in Australia? If it is a problem with my set ups, what can I change on the phone?  Here are the phone's specs:

Blackberry 8520

smartphone (Edge, Wi-Fi)

v5.0.0.592 (Bundle 1096, Platform 5.2.0.64)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.85

Branding Version: 1.0.146.398H

Micro nEdition Configuration: CLDC_1.1

Micro EDition Profile: MIDP-2.1

Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0

Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1

Please help if you can Woman Sad

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 / Bold 9790
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: No internet availability with Curve 8520

BlackBerry would need BIS/BES for it's services. Have you tried Vodafone Australia?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Dodo

Re: No internet availability with Curve 8520

Sadly, my contract with Dodo was for six onths and still has four to run. I thought that, since they subconract from Optus, which does have BIS, that Dodo probably can too, and that it was just a problem with my phone.