Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: O2

No one can hear me on a call!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have had my torch for less than 12 months.  a month ago the screen went black, so i sent it off to be fixed.I got it back on friday, it seemed fine but ever since, when I'm on the phone, I can hear the person I'm talking to fine, but they can only hear me if I shout.. like i'm holding the phone far away from my mouth. its not on mute, the call volume is on maximum and the software is the newest available.

is there anything I can do? 

I dont want to send it back and have to wait another month. I'm on a contract and I'm paying for a phone I cant use...

Thanks,

Michael

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: No one can hear me on a call!

if you use the telenav voice recognition, does your voice show on the vu meter?  Do you have a bluetooth headset or wired mic w/ headphones?

New Contributor

I dont have the telenav thing...

and I also dont have a bluetooth headset or headphone mic

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

what about vlingo? appworld has apps to download there

New Contributor

I installed vlingo and it seems to be working fine, I did a couple of test searches and they worked..

Regular Contributor

google "blackberry microphone settings" , lots of results

New Contributor

hey, thanks for the reply  Smiley Happy

I tried it, found results on how to change the in-call settings.  but when I went to do so, it said my default call volume was already at 100%

any ideas on what to do next?

New Contributor

hi,

the problem with my phone is still there... anyone have any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

I'm having the same issue, none can hear me but I can hear them. I can only hear my own voice echo. When using a Bluetooth device or the hands-free they can hear me perfectly. I have wiped the OS and installed new versions and then old ones but the problem still there. The phone I've got is an unlocked model from AT&T and I'm using it in Argentina (Claro). I don't know what to do the mic seems to work fine, I recorded a video and the sound is good, so I think it may be a software issue. Now it has OS v7.1 Bundle 1997.

Please help me on this issue!!! Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

I'm having the same issue, none can hear me but I can hear them. I can only hear my own voice echo. When using a Bluetooth device or the hands-free they can hear me perfectly. I have wiped the OS and installed new versions and then old ones but the problem still there. The phone I've got is an unlocked model from AT&T and I'm using it in Argentina (Claro). I don't know what to doSmiley Sad  the mic seems to work fine, I recorded a video and the sound is good, so I think it may be a software issue. Now it has OS v7.1 Bundle 1997. (9810M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415)

Please help me on this issue!!! Thank you.