Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No open attachment option

Iam a new user who just purchased my first BlackBerry. When I receive an email with an attachment, I am not offered an open attachment option, regardless of the type of attachment file. Are attachments supported on an 8110 Pearl? Do I need additional software installed? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: No open attachment option

Yes, attachments are supported on the BlackBerry devices. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and check and see if the BlackBerry Attachment Service shows in the list.
New Contributor

Re: Re: No open attachment option

Yes Jeremy, BlackBerry attachment service is in the application list. What else could be the problem? I appreciate your help!
Forums Advisor I

Re: Re: No open attachment option

Are you using the Desktop Redirector to get your messages? If so, then attachments won't be viewable.
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: No open attachment option

Not sure. I am not sure what desktop redirector is or other available options. Further advice?
Forums Advisor I

Re: Re: Re: No open attachment option

How did you set up your e-mail account(s)?
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: No open attachment option

I established a BlackBerry account and also set up accounts for aol, charter,& yahoo.Every mail I receive from aol, charter or yahoo also goes into a messages folder. I don't know what that's about.
Forums Advisor I

Re: Re: Re: Re: No open attachment option

The Messages folder is a repository for all messages from all accounts. You can hide that icon if you want and use the other separate folders.

I am not sure what is going on with the attachments, though. You could try a soft reset on the device: remove the battery from the device (while it is still powered on) for 10 seconds, then reinsert. You could also log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account and resend the service books.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No open attachment option

I looked at each mail account and each lists the BlackBerry.net address. Does that mean that I am using Desktop Redirector? If so, how do I change that?