Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Etisalat

No signal for torch 9860

Just purchased my new blackberry torch last June and I have been sending it to service center for 5 times already.  I am so lost on how to fix the problem. My problem is my phone shows full signal strength and I can't receive not make calls nor messages.  I tried to call the service provider for any network problems and they said no problems at all. It happens at ant time of the day. Service center says there no problem on the phone. I just notice that whenever I put the rubber casing on my phone problem occurs...Is there any connection? Im using the rubber casing for easy grip. Please help.

Signal: -77dbm
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No signal for torch 9860

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you have described, I think you have identified the problem. The rubber casing is impacting the signal such that, even if it shows full, it's not adequate to function. Removing the casing allows it to function correctly.

Then again...is this casing very very tight? If so, it might actually be too tight...and causing something about the BB itself to distort, causing this behavior.

In any event, the casing would appear, from your post, to be the root cause of your issue...with the only remedy being to not use it.

If you want to test further, you'd need to find another identical BB that has no issues when it has no case...use your case on it and see what happens.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: N/A

Re: No signal for torch 9860

HI, I also have a Torch 9860 purchased in April and am having some difficulties with it. Where can I find imformation about service centre to send it to ?? It was a direct purchase through RIM, not through my carrier.