Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: HITS

No signal??

I have a Blackberry Curve, but since I moved to where I live now in Spain I cannot get a signal and cannot therefore use the phone, unless I travel away from the house (approximately 1 mile down the road).  Many others in this area have the same problem, but have installed a rooftop arial which they then connect to the phone via a wire.  I cannot identify an arial socket on the Curve; do I it take it that my phone will never work for me here?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No signal??

There are no wired antenna ports on the BlackBerry device. I would recommend contacting different carriers and look to see if one has better coverage. The other option is a BlackBerry device and carrier that offers "UMA" coverage. UMA allows you to connect to wifi and use the phone and data features over your wifi connection. I don't know all the carriers that offer UMA, nor do I know what is offered in your area, but I believe Orange offers UMA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: HITS

Re: No signal??

Unfortunely in this part of Spain we have only a very few choices, and Orange is not one of them. I will check with the existing options, but think I am looking at either a new phone or internet access, which seems the best option.  You have to have a mobile number for the bank to veryify any internet purchases, and that is why I am looking for access.

Or I will have to use an Internet Cafe for buying anything, which I am not sure is secure!

But thanks for your response and if anyone has any other ideas - I would be grateful