Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520 Prosumer

No software is available for my New Blackberry Curve 8520

Surely its not right that there is no software or applications available for this blackberry because thats what I keep getting from the Blackberry desktop manager.  When I click links via my phone they either come up as failed for various different reasons or stuff like 'facebook does not reckonise your phone'! 

I am a total BB newby and I am very confused with the whole thing.  Im starting to get to grips with it but I havent got a clue about this.

Any help ... in idiots terms too... would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: No software is available for my New Blackberry Curve 8520

hello skippie,

I am sure all your issues are easy to solve and someone will surely explain how in easy words. My problem here is that I do not really understand your questions. Can you rephrase and seperate all the issues you are seeing ?

from what I have understood :

issue 1 : whenever you open Desktop Manager, it tells you there is a new OS available but you cannot download it

issue 2 : when you are using the Browser on your BlackBerry, you can get to some pages (which ones ?) and when you click on the links in those pages (which links ?), there is an error message (can you write it down here ?)

issue 3 : you have an issue with facebook but I do not know which Facebook you are talking about :

Please answer so we can help better.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: