Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: 02

No sound

I need help and advice please.

Just today the sound completely disapeared from my BB Torch 9860.

Volume control is up to max, profile is on loud, I have done a battery pull and all to no avail.

Please what do I do now?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: No sound

Hi Steviebabe555,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are you able to hear media playing on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860 smartphone? Is the issue for notifications only? I would suggest backing up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software then performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: 02

Re: No sound

Thank you very much for your advice, I will certainly try it, although I have seen in the forum this advice to somebody else before and they said it made no difference.  But I will try it just to see.

I can not hear any media playing unless during play I switch to activate handset and then its just really really quiet.

I can hear everything when I have headphones put in.

Anyway I will try the reload and see what happens.