Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

No sounds over Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

It seems I've done something wrong configuring my phone to work with my Jawbone 2 Bluetooth.  No key tones are played when I make a call. Notification sounds are not heard for incoming mail, SMS, voice mail, etc. When a call comes in, the ringtone I set for the caller... or the default ringtone I set for the phone... will play over the phone's speaker, but all I hear over the Bluetooth is some generic tone set. This isn't how my Jawbone worked with my old Motorola; surely the 9700 isn't below the Motorola in capabilities. I could swear it didn't behave like this when I first got the phone. So I guess (hope) I changed  something wrongly, and now I can't figure out how to set things right. Advice and direction much appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: No sounds over Bluetooth

I am having a slightly different issue. Just recently for some unknown reason when my 9700 is connected via bluetooth to my new Honda Accord and I dial from my BB 9700 to a contact I hear NO ringing - nothing until that person answers their phone and then I hear them. In other words after I dial and hit the send button it is total silence until the other party answers their phone. Yet if I disconnect the bluetooth connection to my car then I do hear the standard ringing prior to a contact answering their phone.

Any thoughts out there??

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just a follow up to my last post. I tried an older BB Curve and a Motorola flip phone and they both work fine. I tried a friends BB Bold 9700 and it does not work either so it must be a issue with the bluetooth in BB Bold 9700. So now what? I does one get it fixed? New Bluetooth software?

My Device: 8110
My Carrier: Telstra

I am having exactly the same problem with a blackberry 8110 bluetooth when connected to the bluetooth carkit of a Toyota Aurion Presara. The Blackberry pairs OK and connects but when making a call I cannot hear the other persons phone ringing. the only way I know that they have picked up is when they start talking.

The only way I have been able to reolve the issue is by deleting and recreating the pairing and its not very long before the problem starts again.

Doing a Google search I have seen that other users with different blackberry models are having the same issue with a range of different carkits and devices so it seems to be an Issue with blackberrys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: No ringing sounds over Bluetooth

I have the same problem my BB 9700 Bold is connected via bluetooth to my Honda Accord and I dial from my BB 9700 to a contact I hear NO ringing - nothing until that person answers their phone and then I hear them. The problem is when the dialed contact reject the call or it's busy, I not know the end of my action. I need to look on my phone screen, but in this case for what I have bluetooth? Please let me know if can be resolved this issue somehow.

Regards,