Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Smartphone 7780
Accepted Solution

No system password for Desktop Installation

When I set up my PC, I used no password (Enter) for the OS (Windows XP +3). Now you ask for one. Yes, I am Administrator, but Windows is fuzzy about all that for a simple User like me.

How do I install this Desktop Application so I can use my Blackberry 7780?

When I get to the form and punch in Enter, I get an error Window asking for the password.

I suspect this is quite common.

Why do you need this?

AND 

I cannot make phone calls now and suspect no Desktop is the reason.

I do have Microsoft Outlook installed for ActiveSync for my HP iPAQ X11-21204 but do not want to use it for fear of software conflicts.

Help me. Please 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: No system password for Desktop Installation

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Are you saying the desktop software is asking for a password? Or XP

On XP If you didn't setup a password, then just hit enter.

What changed to make it ask for one?

You install the desktop program on XP the same as any program. I would recommend using 4.5 without the media manager.

Media manager is very unstable.

You can get 4.5 here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Not having desktop software makes no difference in phone calls.

Go to connections select services status and make sure Voice services is available:

Connection Mobile network scroll down and it should say provider and have your carrier name.

Please let me know!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

When trying to connect it to Desktop Manager it will prompt for the device password. Remove the password from the device and you will be no longer prompted.
New Contributor

Thanks for the input. I was able to get Desktop installed and working.

However...

I have no "Connections" on my device (or on the Desktop) that I am able to find. Remember I have the 7780, a very basic machine. Where would I find Connections...I looked in the index list in Options settings.

ALSO...

About all the various referred to router settings: I have none according to the Desktop.

I don't understand about Blackberry; does it have its own wireless router service? If so, what do I do to log on?

AND

I live under an ATT tower and still cannot make a call. The phone 'seeks the network' then tells me the Call Failed. I have tried the SMS card in various ways and it will only go in correctly one way. So that is not it. What else could it be?

I bought this 7780 (off Craigslist BTW) to use primarily as a phone on ATT's Pay As You Go service. Is there some conflict I can't find in either Blackberry or ATT posted data? I did find ATT (somewhere) and, after several tries, set it as my provider. I am flying blind as I have no documentation or the OEM CD.

I do apprediate your help. Thanks again for your input.

New Contributor

What 'password device'?

I did unplug the USB before installing the Desktop and that did the trick.

Thanks for the thought.

Guru I

[ Edited ]

I will find the documentation. AAs far as a CD, you would have to order that.

I am responding to your PM

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3392/Desktop_enterprise_45_final_492431_11.pdf

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-25-2008 10:03 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I received the Desktop documentation. Thanks for that. However, I need the documentation on my device. You mention that I "would have to order" it but give no ifo as to how to do that. I really need it to make this thing work as there is very little I have been able to find online that works. The doppelgangerr is getting the phone to work. It hangs on getting "the radio" to connect. Thus all my questions about BBerry having its own servers. Guess that is not germain here, eh?

Whatever, thanks for what you sent.

Guru I

Hi,

I sent the desktop doc and said "you would have to ORDER the CD" not the documentation for your

phone. However, I cannot find any documentation for a 7780 in the product documentation. Please check here

to see if you can find it :

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/categories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry+Smartphones

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Guru I

OK,

You owe me one, guess what I found.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe

Product guide and user manual for 7780.

Bifocals

New Contributor

Bi~

Thank you so much. This seems to have all the things that I need to do (to do what I need to do).

It is all about servers and the type of service I have from my sell service. (ATT?)>well, duh<I dunno.

But a person is a newbie only once, right?

Kudos and lots of Holloweenie fun.

Somebody give this person a raise! Really!

And thanks for your patience.

Boz