Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Balckberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: No two-way IMAP email reconciliation on BIS??!!

Is there any possible solution to the Imap or 2 way email sync situation?. I just switched from an Iphone, and not having the capability of performing 2 way email sync is extremely painful. Please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kikex76 wrote:

Is there any possible solution to the Imap or 2 way email sync situation?. I just switched from an Iphone, and not having the capability of performing 2 way email sync is extremely painful. Please help

Hi there!

A read thru this thread (along with a host of other threads with similar topics) reveals the answer to your question...depending on your unique circumstances, it may well be WAD  (Working As Designed)...in which case there is nothing "broken" needing "fixing".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I just purchased my Bold 9700 a couple of weeks ago and cannot believe the lack of synchronization using BIS as well.

I work for a small company where we use Exchange but do not have a standard for phones. Many of the employees use iPhones and a handful use Blackberries. I thought when I purchased this phone that I was getting the best in handling of email but now I see this as a huge ommission. My iPod touch receives emails before my Blackberry does and synchronizes the Inbox much better as well.

For the original poster, whatever suggestion method you want to use to let Blackberry know about our displeasure I would be happy to be a part of!

My Device: bb storm
My Carrier: noneya

I originally had trialed a HTC Touch Pro with the windows mobile OS.  Ill have to say that phone rocked, did everything i expected it to and a lot of things i didnt even know phones could do.  Unfortunatly, i had to get rid of it because of the atrocious battery life...

So a few months go buy and i decided to give the smart phone another try, i go with a blackberry storm b/c well, bb has been in the smartphone business forever.  I figure they know what their doing by now.  Couldnt be more wrong. 

It blows my mind how terrible their email solution is.  I have a hotmail and two other imap accounts, school and work.  Hotmail works great b/c microsoft and rim worked it out just recently.  However, like we all know, IMAP accounts are a one way deal unless you get a BES server, which is out of the question.

My Windows phone immeniatly synced all my email accounts, imap folders, calanders, tasks, etc.. b/c it uses outlook.  Actually, all my contacts in hotmail showed up instantly as contacts in my phone as soon as i added my email, thats awesome.. 

RIM, its 2010.  GET WITH THE PROGRAM

fyi, trading in my storm for a HTC Touch Pro 2, hopefully the battery is better this time around...

Highlighted
My Device: bb storm
My Carrier: noneya

also, ive seen this exact same issue on forums as far back as 2006...  dont hold you breath on RIM caring about this huge useability issue.