Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Not ALL Contacts are listing ???

Blackberry Torch 9800

Carrier - Telstra

Transfered contacts from previous 9000 model and found most are not viewable on the Contacts List.

But... after I've dialed a number that I know was a Saved Contact and hung up, the Contacts Name is listed on the Recent Calls List, so I then search the Contact List again but it's still not there... very confusing.

Obviously the phone recognises the Contact's Number but just can't find it anywhere. Have looked under the Search Option. Checked and only have 1 Default Contact List. Tried pressing ALT RBLD but still no luck.

I know the numbers are in there SOMEWHERE but how do I get them ALL to view in my Contact List?

Maybe the phone is too much of a Smart Phone and is just messing with me.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Not ALL Contacts are listing ???

There are actually multiple contact lists. When you are in your contacts hit the menu button and you will see "select contact lists". When you do that does it show you multiple lists or just default list? Also while in the contacts if you hit menu you will see "sim phonebook". If they are on your sim card select this option to upload them to the contacts. Mine showed 3 lists (one from the sim card, one that I entered by hand, and another list when my carrier transferred them). Hope that helps you out to try and narrow it down.