02-22-2009 12:09 PM
I am only getting about 1/3 of my email on my Storm. I have a POP account with a 3rd party set up with the Blackberry Email system to leave emails on my PC and forward them to my BB Storm.
The instructions on the forums say:
If you have a problem sending or receiving email messages,
send service books to your BlackBerry Storm smartphone.
To send service books, complete the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, click Setup > Email Settings.
2. In the Email Accounts screen, display the menu and click Service Books. <== this option is not on the menu of the Storm
3. Click Send Service Books.
How can I make my email forwarding more reliable?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-22-2009 12:34 PM
A bit of clarification, if you don't mind. Are you using the desktop redirector to forward you emails or are you using BIS to pull from your POP account and send to you Storm?
If you are using BIS -- how do you have your PC email application set concerning leaving emails on your POP server? If your PC is deleting them from the server, then it could be a matter of timing -- if your PC is removing them from the server prior to the BIS polling interval, then they would no longer there when BIS attempts to pull them.
As for the service books, I can't clearly tell if you've listed all of the steps...they are:
- Email Settings
- (log in if you've created a password)
- scroll and highlight (do not click) the appropriate BIS-handled email account
- click the BB key (the hard key to the right of the green phone key)
- select Service Books
- click "Send Service Books"
If the "Service Books" option is not on the menu, then perhaps something else is missing. Have you tried logging into your carriers BIS website (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I
02-22-2009 04:35 PM
I believe you hit the nail on the head!
I did not set my desktop app to forward all emails to my BB. I only instructed my BB to get messages off the POP server.
Also, I followed your instructions regarding service books and all was executed as expected.
Thank you for your help!