Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Not Getting All Email On Storm

I am only getting about 1/3 of my email on my Storm. I have a POP account with a 3rd party set up with the Blackberry Email system to leave emails on my PC and forward them to my BB Storm.

The instructions on the forums say:

If you have a problem sending or receiving email messages,
send service books to your BlackBerry Storm smartphone.

To send service books, complete the following steps:
   1. From the Home screen, click Setup > Email Settings.
   2. In the Email Accounts screen, display the menu and click Service Books. <== this option is not on the menu of the Storm  

3. Click Send Service Books. 

How can I make my email forwarding more reliable?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not Getting All Email On Storm

Hi!

A bit of clarification, if you don't mind. Are you using the desktop redirector to forward you emails or are you using BIS to pull from your POP account and send to you Storm?

If you are using BIS -- how do you have your PC email application set concerning leaving emails on your POP server? If your PC is deleting them from the server, then it could be a matter of timing -- if your PC is removing them from the server prior to the BIS polling interval, then they would no longer there when BIS attempts to pull them.

As for the service books, I can't clearly tell if you've listed all of the steps...they are:

1. Setup
  2. Email Settings
  3. (log in if you've created a password)
  4. scroll and highlight (do not click) the appropriate BIS-handled email account
  5. click the BB key (the hard key to the right of the green phone key)
  6. select Service Books
  7. click "Send Service Books"

If the "Service Books" option is not on the menu, then perhaps something else is missing. Have you tried logging into your carriers BIS website (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F)? I've found it much easier to manage BIS settings from a PC and that site than from the Storm interface. (You might need to, on the Storm, create an ID and Password first...then you'll be able to log in via the BIS website).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Not Getting All Email On Storm

I believe you hit the nail on the head!

I did not set my desktop app to forward all emails to my BB. I only instructed my BB to get messages off the POP server.

Also, I followed your instructions regarding service books and all was executed as expected.

Thank you for your help!