Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Not Receiving E-Mails

Starting this morning, I am not receiving e-mails to my phone.  I have two e-mail accounts set up on my phone and neither one is receiving e-mails.  I know I should be because I am receiving them on my laptop.  I can send e-mails from either account, but I cannot receive them.  I contacted AT&T (my service provider) and they could not help me.  They gave me a support number for Balckberry (877-255-2377), but I was unable to get through.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not Receiving E-Mails

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support...but...

bwhuey wrote:

I contacted AT&T (my service provider) and they could not help me.  They gave me a support number for Balckberry (877-255-2377), but I was unable to get through.

That is very very interesting...I suspect whoever you spoke to at ATT was not (I will be gentle) properly trained. Contractually, end users have no method by which to try and contact BlackBerry directly for anything whatsoever (well, not for free). Rather, the carrier should escalate your case up to BlackBerry, and provide you with further information (e.g., a case number)...but simply to give you a phone number means that (I'm sorry), the person at ATT fobbed you off, for that is not how the support system works. And this is actually a bit surprising...all reports I've heard indicate ATT to have one of the best trained support groups for BB of anyone...but perhaps they are slipping.

Anyway, if the above does not work, ring them back up and insist that they resolve it properly. Insist first to be transferred to the ATT dedicated BB support staff (I do believe they have such a group) as that also is a required step to go through before being escalated to BlackBerry (but properly...not the way you describe).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for your help.  I am now receiveing e-mails to my phone again.  However, they are only showing up in my "Messages" box.  I do not have the e-mail account icons on my "All" page.  I thought they might be hidden so I checked and they are not hiddin.  I do not know how to restore the e-mail account icons.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

<snipped>

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I was too quick in sending my last post.  I did some forum searching and found some other people who needed to restore their icons.  I found out the I needed to send the Service Books.  Once I did that, eveerything appears to be fine.

Hall of Famer III

Oh! Since that was within step 2 of what I gave you above, I thought that you'd done it...I'm glad you got it going!

New Contributor

Thanks again.  I just went into messages > inbox management and unchecked the two e-mail account boxes.  Looks like I am back in business.

New Contributor

I had trouble following the process in step 2 so i was unsuccessful.  At any rate, my e-mail functions have been restored.  Thank you.

Hall of Famer III

Yes, regardless of method used, I'm glad you are going again.

Good luck!