Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Mou
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not Receiving Emails on BB when Outlook is Open

Hi,

I only get emails delivered to my blackberry only when my Outlook is closed. 

Only on few occasions, I will get 1-2 emails on my blackberry when Outlook is open.

I tried deleting all my accounts on the BIS website and re-created the accounts and this problem still persists.

Further, the emails that arrive in my blackberry are removed every few days such that they only show the emails that I had sent from my blackberry.

I am using:

Blackberry 8320 v4.5.0.55

Windows XP Pro SP3

Outlook 2007

Messages set to be left on Internet Provider Server

BIS

3 POP3 Email Accounts

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Not Receiving Emails on BB when Outlook is Open

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I would have added one more step after recreating the email accounts, that  would be to resend the service books.

Please give it a try, and let us know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Mou
New Contributor

Hi Bifocals,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes, all service books for my email accounts came up on the blackberry.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Is Outlook set to automatically leave messages on the server?  If Outlook removes the messages from the server they may never have a chance to be sent to the BB.  Outlook has settings for each account for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Mou
New Contributor

Hi!

Yes, they are set to be left on the server on Outlook as well.

This is why it is puzzling...

I have a client who is experienceing a very similiar issue. 

He is using a hosted Exchange server through GoDaddy for his primiary email.  At first he had issues getting any email whatsoever on his BB so we worked through some things and now it is capable of receiving emails.  

He can send emails just fine at any point from his device but the issue comes when he wants to get an email.  If Outlook is open he is unable to receive the message on BlackBerry, but as soon as he closes Outlook, he is able to receive any new emails sent while Outlook is closed.  I At first thought it looks like his settings on Outlook do not leave the messages on the server, but as I thought about it, this did not make sense as he is using an Exchange server.  I thought Exchange servers left the mail on the server until deleted by the user.  Is this not the case?  And would the fact that it is a hosted server have any effect?

We have it setup through BIS, OWA account

Right now the only solution I have for him is to close Outlook when he leaves the office.  I can not figure out what the issue is, even though it is likely something small that I am just missing.  Any help is greatly appreciated.