Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Orange UK

Not Receiving Emails

Hi

I have been having a problem with receiving emails from my hotmail account. This has been an intermittant fault that has been going on for about a month.

What happens is that I get e-mails in blocks of at least 2. So I will not receive an e-mail that is in my inbox, until i get another one in the inbox.

I have tried battery pulls, resending the service books, registering with the host route table, I have even changed my e-mail password.

None of these fix the problem.

I have run the diagnostic test a few times and this clears the e-mail backlog as it puts another e-mail on the hotmail account, but doesn't fix it, in some of the diagnostics the report comeback that it is not connected to the hotmail account

I have added an additional Windows Live account to the Blackberry today and this starts with the same problems, so it would suggest that my phone is the cuase of the fault.

I really would like some help on diagnosing this fault.

Many thanks

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Not Receiving Emails

Hello,

Hotmail is using a different protocol POP, it works differently and polls for emails at a 15 min intervals. This is by design and can not be changed.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Orange UK

Unfortunately I don't think that is the problem.

This issue that I am referring to is that I can receive in my e-mail an e-mail at say 7am, another one at 10 am yet neither are pushed to my Blackberry until 10am. This would not occur from Hotmail doing 15 minute poll intervals.

Given that I temporarily set up my e-mail on another brand of phone and it worked as correctly I can only assume that the issue is not with Hotmail.

It has been happening intermittently all day today, as it is an intermittent problem it would be hard to diagnose.

Regards

Gromit

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

Try following this article to remove & reintegrate your email account on your BlackBerry smartphone http://bit.ly/c1TyHV

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!