Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Not Syncing

I've installed the desktop software on my Mac and it was working fine, but now it isn't. It says it's connected, but all the top buttons including the green sync button is shaded and you can't click on it.

I tried removing the device and then it would never connect. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work either. I am about to go get an iphone, which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Not Syncing

You may try doing the same thing with the Desktop Manager or if an upgrade is available online and it hasn't been upgraded, do it.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Not Syncing

Though not full proof, I figured out a solution.

1. Close Desktop Manager
  2. Remove battery from phone
  3. Reinstall battery
  4. Allow phone to boot up and turn on
  5. Connect phone to computer
  6. Open Desktop Manager if it doesn't open itself

That worked for me. You may need to restart your computer in the process. The only problem was that after it synced and I modified some things it wouldn't sync again, so I had to do the whole process over again.

Hope that helps.