09-24-2010 03:23 PM
I have a Blacberry Curve 8530...my provider is Verizon. My phone did an automatic software update 2 weeks ago and since then I have had trouble with my texting. I get some txts but people do not get mine. When I contacted verizon, they appologized and said they are working on it but there is no fix for it yet. Has anyone else had trouble with this?
I have tried numorous times to remove the battery and do an update through verizon. I have gone into the sms datebase and did a clean up hooked up to my computer via blackberry desktop software....nothing has fixed this problem.
I mainly communicate via text. I was told by the Verizon rep to call people instead......geee thanks, that was so helpful.
09-24-2010 04:34 PM - edited 09-24-2010 04:36 PM
I figured it out, and it seems to have solved the problem. I went through my contact list and removed the 1 infront of the phone numbers. It seems like since blackbery did the update, it no longer accepts 11 digit numbers only 10 digit (or 7 digit) phone numbers. I hope that also works for you.
09-25-2010 09:57 AM
It is not just the 1 in front of the area code. Nice idea in theory but it's still not working. Depending upon the Verizon Rep you get, you will either luck out or be told you are out of luck.
The first two reps I got were very dismissive but the last two have been helpful. The problem is not necessarily verizon. It's the software in this phone and it's going on over a week that some of my texts are going through though most are not. I had to delete my crunch ap and all of my texts and STILL the problem is occurring. But it's not just the 1 before the area code.