Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not able to charge BB 9000

When I put it on charge the red light glows for a min and then the hour glass comes on the screen.

I have tried booting up with the vodafone sime / without the sim - did not work

took out the battery and put it back again - the same problem

tried ot install the device software for vodafone uk, but the device wont initialize during the installation.

So, I am stuck...have put it on charge since last 24 hours but it has not yet powered up.

Help needed

New Contributor

Re: Not able to charge BB 9000

It also happened to me at my first charge, and then when sometimes I shut down the devie than turn on the same problem occurs again.. But after I have waited the device to be open for 15 minutes after I removed the power cable and plugged the sim, it opened normally..
New Contributor

Leave the sim in the phone and make shure the battery is seated correctly Also charge the phone from the mains adapter as the pc connector will not have the required current. Contact vodafone.
New Contributor

Well done this and now when I boot up, I get a screen with the battery and thunderbolt symbol

Still the phone did not boot

Contributor

If charging from the PC you need either Desktop Manager (4.6 freferably) installed or Device Manager.

Without these BlackBerry devices wont charge from the PC.

BlackBerry Device Admin.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm not quite sure what your problem is - but are you havnig troubles actually starting up the phone?

I would try a full battery pull. Wait about 20 seconds, then put it back in. Right when you put it back in, there should be a steady red light - just hold the red Power/Hang-up button for about 10 seconds till you see the hourglass. It will take anywhere from 1-3 minutes to start up from a battery pul, so just wait. But do not plug it into a power source.

New Contributor

Thanks, I did a full battery pull.

Then, after holding the red power switch for 10 secs - I could reach till a white screen which flashed for a second....some improvement.

After that it ias back to original ritual.

Red light flash - thunderbold - red light flash - thuderbolt....

I am fed up with this handset now. Anyone who needs a brand new BB 9000 might want to collect it from the dust bins of Walsgrave road, coventry.

New Contributor

Re: Re: Not able to charge BB 9000

My bold takes 5-8 min too boot too the security settings. The red light means the phone is on just not powerd up. Once the red light is on hold down the red power key till youse a white screen. Then just wait. Like any PC it takes time too boot. If you have further problems go Too a vodafone store.