Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Not able to configure email

Hello,

I am trying to configure an email account and it's not working.

First of all, the email can be configured on MS Outlook, Android email client, WM email client. Other email accounts like yahoo mail and gmail work on the phone.

I talked to the support of the Carrier - Orange Romania and they couldn't help me. I reset the phone, host routing table, sent service books. I tried to validate (eavt) the manual settings: IMAP - SSL on port 993 but I get the error "sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target".

I can understand it's a problem with a security certificate, but, how come it works on other OS.

I have been recommending to my clients Blackberry and this is the first time I have this problem.

As an extra information: I received the email from  the carrier  - donotreply@blackberry.orange.ro wich says "BlackBerry Internet Service instructions for configuring ...

I also talked to my client's ISP and they don't have any login error.

Can you forward me to someone who can help me? I need to know where is the problem. Upon my recomendation, the client bought several handhelds and BB plans and it's a big problem for me at this time.

Thank you very much.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TIM

Re: Not able to configure email

Same problem. I don't know what to do.