Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not able to make or receive calls

Hi Friends,

I am having BlackBerry Pearl 8100 v4.2.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41). I am not able to make or receive calls.

1. Not able to hear dial tone at the time of dialing. Once gets connected, not able to hear the caller's voice.

2. Once gets connected, the receiver gets a blank voice (No voice) from my end.

3. As recommended by other forums in internet, removed the battery from equipment and re-fixed after 10 minutes. No success.

4. Turned off the data plan option, as I haven't taken that option (This is also recommended by the forum).

5. Having the contract agreement with AT&T, they suggested to go for the upgrade of the phone, which I am not interested at present.

Please advise me if anything that can be done from my end........

Thank you,

Raghavan V Sampath

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Not able to make or receive calls

Since you have AT&T does your signal show EDGE in uppercase or something else? Does everything else work correctly (browser, email)?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Here is the reply for your query.

It is mentioned as Wireless Handheld (EDGE)

I downloaded the latest software v4.2.1.96 and uploaded it. Is there anything I can do from my end.

Yesterday the temperature went down to -1 degree Farenheit at our place. My room temperature also went below along with the humidity to 21%. I kept my phone near the Humidifier for charging (Please don't consider this statement as stupid question). I read one replies in the forum if the battery became wet also this problem can persists. This is the reason I am asking the question. If you have any method in removing battery moisture.

Thank you,

Raghavan V Sampath

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Did you reload the OS onto the phone or just download it to your computer?

Check out this post about the battery moisture question

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=15825&query.id=253243...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Hi jmrmb80,

I have uploaded the OS to the phone. As suggested I will keep the battery in the bag of uncooked rice. I will keep it for tonight and will update you tomorrow.

Thank you,

Raghavan V Sampath

Highlighted
New Contributor

Trying to fix it is a waste of time. Get the phone replaced (or upgraded if they will do it at no extra cost.)