Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sun cellular

Not able to upgrade my 9700 from os 5 to os 6

Hi! i was not able to upgrade my 9700 after a couple of try.. already deleted the vendor file and did click the uploader but still my phone won't upgrade to the OS6. can someone help me?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not able to upgrade my 9700 from os 5 to os 6

Hello,

Depending on the version, there may be 2 copies of VENDOR.XML to remove:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

If that does not help, then please provide additional details...as in, the exact method you are using (e.g., the Desktop Software update versus directly via LOADER.EXE), the exact and complete filename of the OS package you are using, and the exact step in the process you are using that indicates to you that it won't take.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

YES! I got it now! thanks!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Excellent...you are most welcome!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I am really amazed about the new OS that have. Very Wonderful! thanks a lot!
Hall of Famer III

OS 5 to OS6 was a huge change, and another huge change from OS 6 to OS7. And now BB10 has changed the world completely!

Contributor

Can i still upgrade my 9700 to OS 7?
Hall of Famer III

I don't recall if the 9700 was part of the OS7 program or if it stopped at OS6. To find out, you have to dig through the official download portal:

It's a lot of work to dig, but it is what it is. At the top of that board, there might be a sticky thread to lead you to the carriers that support the 9700, but the information about specific OS levels each supports is generally out of date now.

Good luck!

Contributor

Okay! got that. how about this, can I use firmwares released by other carriers?
Hall of Famer III

Ummm...that's exactly what deleting the VENDOR.XML file(s) allows for...