Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Not all contacts are synchronized with Outlook

I have a new Outlook 2010 installation, and when I sync my Blackberry Bold, it doesn't put all of the contacts into Outlook- only about 10% of them made it to Outlook, and I don't see anything that's different between those that don't get sync'd and those that did. Please advise.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Not all contacts are synchronized with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello cdvonstinkpot,

You may not be synchronizing with the correct contact list. First go into your Address Book and go to Options and select your contact lists to see which list has the correct number of contacts. Then go into Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Default services, change this to the correct Contact list and then synchronize.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, while it doesn't resolve the issue completely, it's a welcome step in the right direction. It does appear that the 'default' contact list is selected as the one to sync, with its 32 entries. Now I can change that to the 'unknown' contact list, but then it would sync the other 92 entries, skipping these 32. I suppose what needs to happen now is to combine the two lists into one, and sync it, so all can be included. Would you care to advise on how I might go about doing that?
Highlighted
Contributor

I can manually change between the 2 contact lists in the device, and sync one then the other, but it's not a permanent solution. I still need to somehow wind up with just one contact list.

I started another thread here to see about doing that, in case anyone would like to contribute a solution there.