Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not getting e-mails on my Curve

I've had my BB Curve for about 7 months and have had no problems at all. Two days ago, my e-mail just suddenly stopped coming. I have three e-mail accounts, and they've all stopped arriving on my BB. I checked on my laptop and I have a lot of e-mail, but it's not showing up on my BB. I can send and receive texts, BB messenger and phone calls. E-mail seems to be the only thing affected. And my poor blackberry has a constant blinking hourglass like it's trying to hook up with a server somewhere and it's just not making it. It's even getting hot.

I've taken the battery out too many times to count. I have Verizon. Does anyone have a clue? I was on hold with Verizon for 25 minutes before I gave up and hung up. I'm at my wit's end here.

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Not getting e-mails on my Curve

Check the free memory in Options >Status and post the number you see next to file free.  It's possible that your device is deleting emails as they arrive if your memory is low.

If that's not it, then resend your service books by going to "Manage Internet Email" on the home screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Make sure that you don't have the firewall active on your bb.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
The number next to file free is 30362752 bites. I also just did the service books thing. It didn't seem to help.
Message Edited by Staychel on 12-29-2008 01:14 AM
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It's possible that there is a data outage in your area.  I know there were some massive tower outages in the midwest today and you may have been affected.  If it's still not working tomorrow, give your carrier a call and find out if something's up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks. I'm in Raleigh and no one I know has been affected. But maybe that's why there was a 25 minute hold time when I tried to call Verizon earlier today. My bb has been like this since Saturday. The last e-mail I received was on Friday at 1:25pm.

Thanks for your help though.

I am having the same problem.  Started getting the hourglass yesterday, and I deleted all the old emails in my inbox and most of the pictures on the device memory, and I have about 20% of the memory free (on file free).  

I have not gotten most emails for 2 days now, even small ones.  

HELP!....