Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Nothing but issues with my brand new phone and don't know what to do

A month and a half ago I bought a brand neblackberry bold and at first I was extremely impressed. I have owned about 8 blackberrys in my life and have no issues and refuse to jump on the iPhone bandwagon. After about a week of owning my phone in the middle of my two week vacation I would be in the middle of something whether it be phone call, email, text, taking a picture and my phone with shut off like the battery died. So I would take my battery out put it back in reboot my phone and it would be fine for a day and do it again. I go. Home reform holidays and was to busy to go in and see what they would do to fix this issue and I dealt with it as it was only an every couple of day thing.  I leave for holidays in 3 days for 2 weeks again and didn't want to go on holidays with a loan phone and they told me it would take 4 weeks to send it in so Ive held onto it. Then I go and leave my phone in my vehicle accidentally while at work and its only minus 2 degrees Celsius here and I get in my vehicle and my screen is cracked and as of recently the phone is now freezing and blacking out every 2 hours or so so I take it in and am informed that my warranty is void because I have a faulty screen that cracked because of weather ? Seriously? I was wondering if anyone has any tidea what to do as I have talked to the highest up I can go with my phone company.  And my next bet is rough black berry. I'm extremely angry as I paid big money for this phone that no longe works .....

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Nothing but issues with my brand new phone and don't know what to do

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delay...hopefully you already got this sorted, but just in case!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user. But if they determine the warranty to be void and you have already escalated to the top, then there is nowhere else for you to escalate, and sadly they win in this situation. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...after all, the first time they saw it for warranty support was after the screen cracked, and it cracked due to your admitted actions. Everything else is only your word...while I do not doubt the veracity of what you say, the decision is theirs and not mine. Then again, as I said, no one here (including me!) can give you anything authoritative on this matter.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................