Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: VIVO

Nothing is working!!

[ Edited ]

Hello

I try to use the browser but this message appears: "Cannot visit web page when radio is turned off. Please turn the radio on and try again". How can I turn the radio on? Or is it other problem? Besides that messages don't work and and I can't make any calls.

Thanks and sorry for any English mistakes.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Nothing is working!!

Hello psnm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > On that screen be sure Mobile Network is Marked or Checked .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks for the attention but when I mark "Mobile Network", it keeps searching for the network but nothing happens. Is it a mobile service problem or a device problem?
PS: the area I'm in has a normal sign of monile network
Elite II

psnm wrote:
Thanks for the attention but when I mark "Mobile Network", it keeps searching for the network but nothing happens. Is it a mobile service problem or a device problem?
PS: the area I'm in has a normal sign of monile network

Hi there,

After Marking Mobile Network are you able to make or recieve any calls ? or how many signal bar you see on your Homescreen ?

If even after selecting Mobile Network your device is unable to connect with your Carrier Network , then first thing I would suggest call your Carrier to confirm with them if they were having any issues with there network . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

In fact, a green loading circle appears just next to the Mobile Network icon (and it keeps loading). And above, at the top of the screen, the Signal bar appears as OFF. But the problem is that I'm using another device of the same mobile service and it has no problems.
Elite II

Hi there ,

From how long you're having this issue , is your device working well or it happened all of a sudden ?

Mostly this issue can happen only because of two reason either a faulty SIM or Device itself .

Have you tried your SIM on another device to see it works , try it will reveal if the problem is within your device or the SIM itself . Please try it and let us know .

New Contributor

I tried my SIM on another device and it worked perfectly. So, I guess the problem is the device, right?

Elite II

psnm wrote:

I tried my SIM on another device and it worked perfectly. So, I guess the problem is the device, right?

Hi there,

Yes  .. The problem may be within your device , it can be a hardware or a software issue . For Software part you can also perform a OS reload which will fix any Software glitch , so first do a backup using Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If problem still persists then it is an hardware issue in that situation you have to visit your Service Provider to get it fixed .

Please try it and let see if OS reload helps.

New Contributor

Hey prince2012,

I tried to reload my BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. I was following the instructions in the link you posted but when I click Update it shows that there are no updates for my BlackBerry Device Software. What does that mean? Is it a hardware problem?

Thanks

Elite II

Hi psnm

No it doesn't mean that its a hardware issue , Availability of Updates depends on our Carrier , also if you're already having the most recent OS from your Carrier then Desktop Software will show the same message as you're getting .

Regarding reload , On steps #  when you Click on Update > On left Corner are you unable to view the Option " View Other Version " ? If you're then Click on it , it will show you all available OS for your device , Choose anyone from that list to install it on your device .

But first do a backup and be sure your PC is connected to an active Internet.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.