Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

wh
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Notification on main screen, but no message

Since 2 days I have a notification of a phone call on my main screen. It's a yellow phone with a yellow cross left of it. My call log says there is 1 new message. When I open my call log, there is however no new message. To make sure I deleted all the items in the call log, but the notification on the mains screen still exists. It happened after an error, can't remember what it said. I then rebooted the Curve by removing the battery, waiting 10 seconds and reinserting it. After the reboot the useless (?) notification was there. Curve works fine, it's just the annoying notification I would like to get rid of. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Notification on main screen, but no message

Try changing the theme to a different theme (Options > Theme), and then switch it back to the original. You can also follow the steps in this document:

How do I reset my message counter to clear, or zero?

wh
New Contributor

Thanks for your help, Jeremy, tried both options: to no avail. The useless notification is still is there.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for this post. It doesn't exactly answer the question asked about clearing the missed call counter, but it sure as heck does fix the new message counter problem.