Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: Now that we've heard the complaints, let's hear the love for the phone.

[ Edited ]

I just posted some of this in the Thread True Confessions...

I am becoming assimilated...resistance is futile...

LOLOLOL...

I love the screen.

I love watching movies on it...

(oh crap, I used an adjective usually reserved for felines and females...)

I really like the way it handles calls through the car stereo with the iPod jack.

I like the touchscreen much better after removing the add on screen protector sold to me by the Verizon rep. That really makes a difference. And it was a waste of money.

Message Edited by PC-ASSIST on 11-26-2008 12:56 AM
My Device: Not Specified

I checked out the Pearl (a really straightforward, wonderful BB) and WE (didn't like the keyboard) while I was in line to pick up my Storm on Friday but nothing about them made me change my mindDocs to Go are slowing convincing me I won't miss the Mobile Microsoft Office apps I was used to and I am texting and emailing with no problems.

As I've searched the web I've seen a lot of disappointment - outright anger - at a first generation product.   I don't know if my satisfaction is due to having reasonable expectations or if I got  a 'good' Storm...doesn't really matter, does itSmiley Happy 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

I have my Storm since saturday. I must say it was quite a steep learning curve for me, but now I totally like it Smiley Happy

In the beginning (after 1st install) it was very slow and I had very annoying bugs with the camera popping up all the time, but after a reset on monday everything works fine.

Also all the tips on this forum helped me a lot, this forum rocks!!

Regular Contributor

I hated it for the first two days of ownership, but once I had got used to it, and ironed out some problems (thanks to helpful people on this forum), I love it.  And I love it for the following reasons:

• It works well with my Yahoo! e-mail account
  • It syncs both ways with my Outlook calendar and tasks at home
  • It pairs with my inbuilt BMW bluetooth kit and displays all numbers for a contact
  • It has Windows Live Messenger
  • It has a YouTube and Facebook app
  • The alarm clock has a bedside mode
  • You can set lots of different notification sounds to people and type of message
  • Text messages are displayed as a conversation
  • It's easy for me to copy media to and from my PC
  • It can play music from my iTunes collection
  • The camera has GPS tagging
  • I can cut and paste
  • I can send and receive MMS

I still have a few gripes with it, but I'm hoping they will get fixed over time.
Contributor

Well, I do not have much to compare it to since I was using a 4 year old featureless flip-phone until this week .  However I am VERY happy with it.  I have a bigger learning curve than most who already haev smart phones , but I am learning.

The quality of the graphics on the screen is amazing, the ease that one can scroll with a simple touch is very nice.  The phone parts works well, and the web browser is quite good.  Of course, email is simply amazing but I assume that is the case with any Blackberry.  

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I agree that the Storm is quite a phone!  It definitely was worth the wait.  I'm banking on RIM's software team "listening" and getting all those bugs fixed, as well as adding some enhancements.  I agree that there should be a better way of handling how the screen turns on while locked to save on battery life (an enhancement)...  Of course there's the cheek problem during calls, etc., but it should be a rock solid phone in no time.
Regular Contributor

I was ready to love this phone and there are many things about it that are very cool...I'm the "gadget Queen" in my household and really wanted this to work for me.

That said, I've turned off the Storm and have gone back to my 8830.

I can't get service in my house or anywhere in my neighborhood which I can on the 8830.  The glitches in my Storm are so bad that my Verizon tech thinks I got a lemon.  We shall see after Thanksgiving but in the meantime I needed a phone that works.

Good luck to all of you, but for the time being I'm staying with the 8830.

Greetings to my fellow Storm Users -

I am so pleased to have found this awesome site. I received my storm at approx. 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 22 and have used it constantly since then. I agree with the main sentiment which is that this phone is - for the most part- a superb Blackberry and that as such it is wonderful. However, I would like to post some issues I am having which I have yet to see posted with the hope that someone can give some tips...

1. Has anyone experienced issues with the green phone key when trying to answer a call? I sometimes press the key on the actual screen or I press the green key at the bottom of the phone (the one on the far left) but at times pressing one doesn'tanswer the call. Do both these keys serve the same purpose (when answering a call)???
  2. my phone has freezed up a bit (approx. 5 times). Anyone else had this issue?
  3. I called verizon tech support with a recommendation for RIM which is to provide a function that will lock the screen while on a phone call. I am always talking on the phone while doing other things with my hands and as such I rest the phone between my ear and shoulder. This always results in my putting the call on spkrphone or simply disconnecting the caller. perhaps this is just a result of having a touch screen device and is just the way it is.
Looking forward to learning more about my phone from this great community.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi storminorl and welcome to the forums!

This is the send key that should be used every time

Thanks

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: telus

I have an old Blackberry Peark Flip #8230...old, but never used...lost the back that holds in the battery...where can I buy one or get that part.  Any Ideas?