Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Number of Icons in Home Screen.

[ Edited ]

Here's how to do it:

1. Select any icon on the home screen.
  2. single click (or a very quick double click) the BB button (one next to the green phone button)
  3. select Options from the pop-up menu
  4. Set Homescreen layout as you like (1, 2 or 3 rows)
  5. can also select wallpaper and set the download folder if you like
  6. click the BB button again and select Save.

But yes, it only worked once. I had to reboot via battery-pull to get the "Options" option to work again.

Message Edited by monpeasch on 12-31-2008 01:11 PM
Contributor

I'm not sure how to report the problem to the Blackberry Guru's. I will have to search around and get back to this post.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

This must've cropped up after the update to .75, when I was on .65 I was able to change my layout from 3 rows to 1 and to 2 and back to 3.  I ended up keeping it at 1 row, but in the meantime I updated to .75 and hadn't messed with it until I read this thread. 

I switched from 1 row to 3 to test it and and now I can't get the "Options" menu to come back.  (I click it and nothing happens)

A batt pull seems to fix it (of course)

Contributor

I'm sure it was in the update. I was able to change the rows as well with the earlier version. I just wonder if the update to .75 effected everyone?
New Contributor

That was a great thread and tip.  I like the 1 row!  Thanks guys.

Now for a follow up.  Advertised is the lightning pic in the background for the wallpaper of the Storm.  I have VZW, so of course the put their logo on the screen.  I thought I caught a glimpse of the lightning pic pop up one day, but was never able to find it in the stock photos.  Is there an internal path to that pic?  

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

The picture is by the theme, you can download a lot of themes for your device, visit www.mobile.blackberry.com

or you can search themes on google.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Um, no.  No themes out there on the monile BB site.
Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

I have a torch and had this problem as well. I was told to go to home screen preferences and choose how many rows to show. I didn't have that option. Just by fluke I found that if you hold the part where it says "All" or "favorites" and move it up or down slowly (as if you were opening the tray but slower) it changes the number of rows that show on your homescreen! Smiley Happy