Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Number of calendar entries on main page has been reduce

Before I purchased my Torch, I borrowed one from a colleague for a day or so to see how I got on with it - I loved it and so brought one!

However, there appears to have been a change made to the number of calendar entries displayed on the summary page between the two handsets.

If you select the horizontal bar towards the top of the main screen, which lies between the speaker icon on the left and the search icon on the right (immediately below the time), a summary page is displayed showing any unread messages and a number of calendar entries.

On my handset (v6.0.0.105) only 3 calendar entries are displayed.  However, on my colleagues handset , which was running an older version of the software (sorry didn't note which one!), the number of calendar entries was not restricted to 3 and instead fill as much of the page as it could.

Being able to see many more calendar entries than 3 is really useful.

Can anyone shed some light on why BB decided to reduce the calendar entries from being only limit by the size of the page, to just 3?  And if so, is there a plan to revert it back?

Thanks.