Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Number unobtainable

Has anyone else had the problem with their Bold where the screen is normal, the signal is good and you can seemingly phone out but cannot connect. Callers have also said that they have not been able to call me, texting has the same problems. Switching the phone off and on again usually gets everything working, the problem is that their is no way of telling if the phone is receiving calls or not and texts arrive hours later. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Will

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Number unobtainable

Just to clarify, you're seeing the "Number Unobtainable" message in the middle of the call screen when you attempt to call out?

I have this issue with just one number in my entire contact list. My carrier and the provider for my friend's phone have both stated it has nothing to do with them. *shrug*

My Device: Bold 9700

I've had exactly the same problem with my bold 9700! i got a contract with 1000 minutes, cause i tend to call this person alot and now its saying number unobtainable! and if both carriers are going to say it isn't their fault, then that is ridiculous!? 

My Device: Blackberry BOLD 900

Hi, I also have the same problem.  I have tried every solution i could find on the internet and it has not resolved the issue.  It is just one contact who does not receive my SMS and if try to call it comes up as number unobtainable.  We have asked both carriers and they say there is nothing wrong with the number.  He is able to phone my number and i receive his texts.  Please help.

My Device: Not Specified

How bout trying to go to Phone > Options > Smart dialing > change your country code? It helped for me Smiley Happy

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

it worked! you saved me some time, thank you :*

New Contributor
My Device: bold 2 9700
My Carrier: celcom

every outgoing call stream made kept coming out number unobtainable.
Please help me...

New Contributor
My Device: bold 2 9700
My Carrier: celcom

[ Edited ]

use bold 9700, the problem every times make Number unobtainable outgoing call will be portrayed in screen
help me (dal_461@yahoo.com)

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

hone > Options > Smart dialing > change your country code