Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

OS 4.5 final death blow?

Granted that my phone was already possibly dying a slow, agonizing death, I worry that the OS 4.5 upgrade has finally done 'er in.

At some point last year the phone started developing adorable problems such as the bluetooth slowly failing and the camera not working. At first you could still sync the bluetooth manually with devices, but now it can't find anything nor can anything find it.  When the camera stopped working, it claimed it was out of memory, and to close applications.  Even after uninstalling every application from the phone to make absolutely sure none of them were loaded the phone still had this problem.  I don't store a lot of data on my phone.  I have considered getting an extra SD card for the thing, but this has the sound of a RAM problem, not a HD problem.

This morning I tried to install OS 4.5 and at a certain point during the installation (I believe it was during the portion where it was uninstalling apps but can't be sure) it told me a critical error had ocurred and the installer existed.  Now the screen on my phone is black and it keeps powering on and off every few seconds, as indicated by the power light going on and off.  It never really turns on, and if it's plugged into a computer you can hear it mounting and unmounting, but shows up as a device with an unknown PIN the few seconds when it's mounted.  I took the battery out and put it back in but there was no change in the phone's behavior.

Is this it for my phone?  Anyone else have a similar experience?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 4.5 final death blow?

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code