Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

OS 4.5 problem with Calendar

Please help.  One of my most important features has gone away since I updated my phone with OS 4.5 from 4.2.  My provider is Vodafone in the UK.  I am on the TODAY theme and my appointments or calendar entries no longer show on the front screen.  Can anyone tell me how to get them back.  PLEASE HELP!  That feature is a life saver for me.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: OS 4.5 problem with Calendar

Can you try to reset the device by removing the battery for 1 minute. Afterwards the device will reboot. See if they're shoeing up now
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

No.  Still nothing.  The messages show and the missed calls, but not the one thing I need......thanks though.
Elite I

Ok, try changing the Theme (Options | Theme) to something else, then back to the original theme.

If that doesn't work you have to clear the calendar database.

See this KB article for more information about that: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14646

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

Nothing.  I followed all directions and still nothing on the screen.  I am sure there is a way. 
Elite I

[ Edited ]

You also cleared the calendar database, and resynced to get the entries back onto the device?

Try to reset the device one more time

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 11-06-2008 08:47 PM
Contributor

Followed the database clearing instructions up until it said to restore it by using "outlook" "lotus" etc.  I chose to restore the previously backed up databases.  Should this work?  I am not using outlook and such.
Contributor

IT WORKED!  I backed the databases up first.  Then in the Advanced section, cleared the calendar, then restored all databases.

Thanks!

Elite I

Glad you're back up and running   Smiley Happy