Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Movistar

OS 6 Application Shortcuts on Pearl?

I'm using a Pearl 9100 3G with O.S 6, and I have chosen the "Application Shortcuts" option instead of the "Universal Search" option. I've been trying to find a list with the application shortcuts that can be used from the homescreen and I have found none. 

Are these shortcuts actually useful in this model? The only ones I could find were calendar, calculator, messages, help, lock (which is redundant, as I already have another key for this), stored messages and option. 

Also, the toggle vibrate key (#) isn't working anymore.

All of the lists I found were for the full QWERTY models, what about the half-QWERTY ones? Help please! Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: OS 6 Application Shortcuts on Pearl?

Hello Catalina and welcome to the Community!

Application Shortcuts Feature is primarily used for Core Applications(default  apps). The Universal Search allows a smartphone user to quickly and easily find contacts, calendar appointments, email, instant or social messages, make phone calls, launch applications, find help on the BlackBerry device and much more.

You may wanna  check this Article to know about the OS6 Features:

What's new in BlackBerry 6 OS

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter